Corporate Services - General Manager
Are you a CA qualified finance manager with exceptional leadership skills? If so we may have the perfect role for you. Based in Hamilton, this full time position is led by the Chief Executive and forms part of our Leadership Team alongside our other two General Managers. We’re looking for someone to provide ongoing development and delivery of our Strategic Plan (Moving Waikato 2025), implement behavioural change and improve the reach and participation of sport, recreation and physical activities in our community.
Being responsible for Sport Waikato’s financial management, operations management, IT, HR, communications and health and safety, no two days will ever be the same. While this is predominately a finance based position, we are seeking a dynamic individual who has the ability to remain focused yet respond flexibly to the multi-dimensional demands of the role. Having three direct reports, this role needs a real people-person who can develop a collaborative, connected and aligned Corporate Services team, turning our goals into results.
Our strategy is to grow participation in sport, recreation and physical activity. Do you want to join us?
To be considered for this role you will:
- Have previously held a leadership role at GM level or similar, or are a Senior Manager ready to step into this level;
- Be a qualified Chartered Accountant and experienced in budgeting, forecasting, managing cashflow and liabilities, preparing monthly reports, annual financial statements, PAYE and GST returns.
- Have a high level of knowledge in at least one of the other areas within Corporate Services – preferably HR or IT;
- Have experience with strategic planning and monitoring to deliver strategic project initiatives;
- Be able to demonstrate success in managing and empowering people to perform;
- Be an experienced change leader;
- Have a high level of oral and written communication skills;
- Have the ability to build strong relationships and influence others;
- Have the ability to handle complexity and ambiguity in a changing environment;
- Be interested in and see the benefit of community sports, health and recreation;
- Be confident speaking in front of and presenting to diverse groups;
- Hold your current driver’s license and be available to travel regionally if required.
Please apply via Seek or email your CV and covering letter to Natalie Cooper at email@example.com
by 5pm Sunday 29th April 2018
For more information or to request a position description please email or call Natalie on 021 116 0244.
Previous applicants need not reapply – we are seeking to expand our search but may still revisit some of our earlier applications (in which case we will contact you directly).
successful applicants will be required to be Police vetted. Sport Waikato is committed to Child Protection and the safeguarding of children and young people, and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent.
Sport Waikato is a Charitable Trust where our vision is “Everyone out there and active”.