What is KiwiSport?
The KiwiSport Regional Partnership fund is a government funded initiative that helps to get more school-aged children participating in organised sport. Sport NZ who oversee the KiwiSport fund have enlisted the 14 Regional Sports Trusts, such as Sport Waikato, to manage the fund on their behalf. The amount of funding allocated to each Sports Trust depends on how many school-aged children are in each region. Sport Waikato has administrated this fund on behalf of Sport NZ since 2009.
2018-2019 Kick Start Funding Rounds (bi-monthly) – closing dates
Monday September 30th
Friday November 29th
Community Partnership Fund (CPF) Application Round
Applications open Monday 15th July and close Sunday 25th August.
Contracts written and all applicants notified of results 9-13th September.
Click on the appropriate side tab (at right) for information and the application form.
KiwiSport objectives are:
- More Kids - increasing the number of school-age children participating in organised sport; during school, after school and by strengthening links with sports clubs;
- More Opportunities - increasing the availability and accessibility of sport opportunities for all school-aged children to participate in organised sport;
- Better Skills - to support children in developing skills that will enable them to participate effectively in organised sport.
KiwiSport Funding streams are:
- Community Partnership Fund (CPF): for the Development of Youth Sport
- Kick Start Project Fund
- Secondary School Initiative (SSI) Fund: Secondary School applicants only
KiwiSport Waikato Key Priorities
The key priorities identified through the 2015 consultation for the Waikato region are listed below. These characteristics will help to shape new KiwiSport Waikato projects through 2015-2018.
- Providing cost effective sporting experiences for all children
- Developing wider local opportunities for young people to become involved in sport and reducing the amount of time and cost.
- Encouraging adults to become more involved in supporting youth sport
- Fostering positive relationships between schools and clubs
- Ensuring that competitions and sporting experiences are developmentally appropriate for young people
- Development of Local Coaches to help enable sport within the community
- Encouraging the participation of girls in sport
If you require assistance or clarification with KiwiSport Waikato's funding streams, please don’t hesitate to call 07 858 5388 or email email@example.com